The statute of limitations on this post has expired!
Note the date: This post was originally published in 2008 and is kept here largely for archival purposes. Anything older than three years may contain ideas and opinions for which such a gap of time has likely reshaped, altered, softened, re-jigged, or otherwise changed those ideas and opinions to a state incongruent with my current existence.
1. For those waiting for photo updates, I uploaded a whole bunch of new pics yesterday. These pics are real photos, taken with a real camera. And they don’t actually suck too much. You know where to click.
2. Today is the last day of Claire’s grandfather’s work before retiring. As of tomorrow he is free to pursue a wide range of employment-free activities from going for coffee breaks without letting anyone know to seeking work as a Walmart greeter. Though, I’m quite sure he’ll find something more productive to do than either.
3. In less than a day, NaNoWriMo begins anew, even if I have declared to just to do an abbreviated version of it. “Lite” is unofficial, of course. But then I don’t really care. I just need an excuse, not a framework.
4. If you are bored at 6 PM tonight because the kids aren’t coming to your door as fast as you would like, tune into CJSR’s awesomest call-in show, Q-Transmissions, where my new pals Des, Heather, and Nathan will be conducting a pseudo-seance in the name of skepticism.
5. I was accused this morning of having a lame costume. Scenario: woman in elevator dressed in her pajamas (and what are you supposed to be, late for work?) turns to me and says: “So, what are you? A tax assessor?” No, I’m supposed to be NOT seven years old and a PROFESSIONAL who has an important meeting this afternoon.